- 1 How do I get my Dell printer out of error state?
- 2 Why does it keep saying error while printing?
- 3 What do I do when my printer is printing error?
- 4 Why is my Dell printer not printing?
- 5 How do I fix printer in error state?
- 6 Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
- 7 How do I clear the print spooler error?
- 8 Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
- 9 How do you reset your printer?
- 10 How do I find printer errors?
- 11 How do I get my Dell printer back online?
- 12 How do I troubleshoot my Dell printer?
- 13 Why can’t my laptop detect my printer?
How do I get my Dell printer out of error state?
You can fix the error by checking the network connectivity. Restart your printer once again by following the power-cycle methods. Often this way resolves several issues of the printers. You can do it in a few simple steps by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet and then again switching it on.
Why does it keep saying error while printing?
When you invoke your printer, the task calls the printing spool service which then adds your document to the printer queue. Corrupt data in the spool/printing tray might be causing this service to stop. The other most probable reason for the printing error is the connection between your computer and the printer.
What do I do when my printer is printing error?
First, try resetting the printer. Turn the printer off, and then unplug it. Plug the printer back in, and turn it back on again. Resetting the printer is a simple resolution, but it might still be enough to resolve the issue for some users.
Why is my Dell printer not printing?
Remove any devices connected between the printer and computer (IE:USB Hub). Reseat the USB cable connecting the printer and computer by unplugging both ends, and plugging them back in. If that fails, uninstall the printer driver completely. Click Start button then Select ‘Devices and Printers’.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Make sure that your printer is Online.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic.
- Update Windows.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
If your printer fails to respond to a job: Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. Cancel all documents and try printing again. If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
How do I clear the print spooler error?
To solve this error, try the following steps.
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
An issue most commonly associated with driver or printer cable problems, turning the printer off and on should see this error message disappear. A hardware problem may be the reason the error message persists. Try resetting the printer initially and reinstall the toner cartridge if the problem persists.
How do you reset your printer?
It’s a pretty simple process:
- With the printer turned on, pull out the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the printer back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Run a test print.
How do I find printer errors?
You can open a printer’s queue by right-clicking that printer in the Devices & Printers window and selecting “See what’s printing”. If you see an older document that can’t print with an error, right-click the document here and remove it. If a printer job is paused, you can resume it from here.
How do I get my Dell printer back online?
How to get your Dell printer online
- Finding & installing an up to date printer driver on the dell support website.
- Updating your printer firmware.
- Checking the print list in control panel and deleting the full list.
- Check your firewall / antivirus settings to see if printer functionality is being blocked.
How do I troubleshoot my Dell printer?
1. Printer Troubleshooting Steps and Procedures
- Press and hold the Windows key. and then press the r key.
- In the Run box type, shell:PrintersFolder and then touch or click OK.
- Touch or click to highlight the desired printer.
- Touch and hold or right-click the desired printer.
- Touch or click Set as default printer.
Why can’t my laptop detect my printer?
If your PC is not able to detect it over your USB connection, restart your printer, computer, as well as verify the USB connection. After turning off your computer and printer, disconnect the cable from your PC. Check for any damage on it; if the USB cable is damaged, then replace it. Then, turn on your printer.