- 1 Why does my printer say printing error?
- 2 How do I get my printer out of error state?
- 3 How do I clear the print spooler error?
- 4 How do you reset your printer?
- 5 How do I fix HP printer errors?
- 6 Why is my HP printer in error state?
- 7 How do I restart the print spooler?
- 8 How do I clear the print spooler on my HP printer?
- 9 What is a spooling error when printing?
- 10 How do you fix a jammed printer?
Why does my printer say printing error?
If your printer’s status displays “Printer in error state,” there may be a problem with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
How do I get my printer out of error state?
Sometimes, simply restarting both your computer and printer can be the solution to the “printer in error state” issue. Power off your printer and computer completely, leaving them in this state for a few minutes, then turn them on again to see if the problem is gone.
How do I clear the print spooler error?
To solve this error, try the following steps.
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do you reset your printer?
It’s a pretty simple process:
- With the printer turned on, pull out the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the printer back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Run a test print.
How do I fix HP printer errors?
- Make sure the printer is turned on. You can also restart both the printer and your computer.
- Check if the printer is connected to your computer or WI-FI network.
- Make sure the paper try of your printer is loaded and that the printer has enough ink.
- If the error still occurs, contact the HP printer support.
Why is my HP printer in error state?
The ‘HP printer is in an error state’ issue can also arise due to faulty or incompatible printer driver. However this can be fixed easily by updating or reinstalling the drivers.
How do I restart the print spooler?
Restart the Print Spooler
- Click Start, type “Services.
- Double-click “Printer Spooler” in the Services list.
- Click Stop and click OK.
- Click Start, type “%WINDIR%system32spoolprinters” in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
- Click Start, type “Services.
How do I clear the print spooler on my HP printer?
The Services menu opens. Right -click Print Spooler and select Stop. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
What is a spooling error when printing?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software. You may need to try more than one method to fix the spooler.
How do you fix a jammed printer?
Paper Is Jammed in the Paper Output Slot or the Rear Tray
- Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.
- Open the Rear Cover.
- Pull the paper out slowly.
- Close the Rear Cover.
- Reload the paper, and press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer.