Why is my HP printer printing in stripes?
Introduction. HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. Clean the ink cartridges with the ink cartridge cleaning utility in the HP Printer Toolbox.
Why is my printer printing blank stripes?
Clogged printhead nozzles or low ink levels are the most common cause for blank or light bands. Use the built-in cleaning cycle or manually clean the printhead. For vertical blank bands, check for paper or labels blocking the print in specific areas.
Why is my printer printing lines through pictures?
So why does a printer print photos with lines? When a printer prints photos and words with visible white or faded lines, the cause is usually due to a clogged nozzle, a printer head that is not dispensing ink properly, or the type of software used.
What to do when printer is printing lines?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
What causes vertical lines when printing?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
How do you stop printer lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.
Why does my HP scanner have lines?
HP has determined that 99% of all lines and streaks on copies made by feeding the original documents through the ADF are caused by debris on the ADF glass. Debris can include dust, paper or toner dust, residue from sticky note adhesive, correction fluid or tape, ink, fingerprints, and more.