- 1 How do I change the print tray on my Lexmark printer?
- 2 Why does my Lexmark printer keep saying out of paper?
- 3 How do I change printer tray settings?
- 4 What is an MP feeder on a Lexmark?
- 5 How do I manually feed my Lexmark printer?
- 6 How do I fix my Lexmark printer?
- 7 What is configure MP?
- 8 How do I get my printer to print from a different tray?
- 9 How do I change my printer to bypass tray?
- 10 What is a multipurpose feeder on a printer?
- 11 Why does my printer say Load MP Feeder with custom type 6 letter?
- 12 How do I manually turn off Lexmark printer?
How do I change the print tray on my Lexmark printer?
Press and release the Menu button. Press until Paper Menu appears, and then press the Select button. Press until Paper Size/Type appears, and then press. Press until the required media source is reached (e.g. Tray 1, Tray 2, etc.), and then press.
Why does my Lexmark printer keep saying out of paper?
False error messages can result from incorrect media settings in the driver or on the printer/MFP. If the tray is full and no paper jam is associated with the error, try cleaning the pick rollers. Remove the tray that indicates which source is having the error and look for the pick arm. Pull the arm down.
How do I change printer tray settings?
To change the tray settings from the printer control panel:
- At the printer control panel, log in as administrator, then press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Paper Trays.
- Select a tray.
- To set the level of restriction on the paper tray, touch Tray Mode and select an option.
What is an MP feeder on a Lexmark?
The Load MP Feeder message means that the printer wants you to load paper into the front-loading Multipurpose Feeder.
How do I manually feed my Lexmark printer?
Place a single sheet of paper into the manual paper feeder. NOTE: The printed side will be the side which is face-up in the manual feeder. Push the paper into the manual feed slot until a ‘paper present’ sensor triggers a feed roller.
How do I fix my Lexmark printer?
- Make sure that both your computer and your Lexmark printer are connected to your network.
- Restart your printer.
- Unplug the printer and check if there is any paper stuck in the machine, and if the toner is installed correctly.
- Another method is to uninstall and reinstall the printer on your computer.
What is configure MP?
– Configure MP – Adjustable user setting found under Paper Menu > Configure MP on the printer that changes the MP feeder’s behavior. NOTE: The printer menu location for Configure MP depends on the printer model; however, this setting is most frequently found under Paper Menu.
How do I get my printer to print from a different tray?
In the application from which you want to print, select File > Print. Select PublicPrint, then click Properties. In the Properties window, click the Detailed Settings tab. In the Input Tray dropdown menu, select the tray from which you want to print.
How do I change my printer to bypass tray?
Printing with the Bypass Tray with a Macintosh
- Open the [Setup] settings.
- Select the paper type from the [Setup] settings.
- Make sure [Bypass Tray] is selected from the [Paper Feed] settings.
- Slide the bypass tray guides into position according to the paper size.
What is a multipurpose feeder on a printer?
The Multipurpose Feeder, or Multipurpose Tray (MPT), is a paper source that comes as standard on most printers. The MPT supports the printing of envelopes as well as paper, cardstock, labels, and transparencies. The paper size for the MPT must be selected on the front panel of the printer.
Why does my printer say Load MP Feeder with custom type 6 letter?
The Load MP Feeder message means that the printer wants you to load paper into the front-loading Multipurpose Feeder. Custom type 6 refers to the fact that your print driver was configured to request something called custom 6. Letter means 8½ x 11″ standard US size.
How do I manually turn off Lexmark printer?
If it does and the Load MP Feeder message continues to appear, cancel the print job:
- Press The Menu>(2) button until Job Menu appears on the display.
- Press the Select (3) button. Cancel Job will appear on the display.
- Press Select (3) once more. The job will cancel and the printer will return to the Ready state.