- 1 How do I fix a corrupted printer driver?
- 2 Why is my printer printing PCL XL error?
- 3 How do I fix a PCL XL error on my printer?
- 4 How do I print a PCL file?
- 5 Can a printer be corrupted?
- 6 How do I manually remove a printer driver in Windows 10?
- 7 What does PCL XL warning mean?
- 8 How do I fix PCL XL error Illegalattributevalue?
- 9 What is PCL XL warning IllegalMediaSize?
- 10 What is unsupported personality PCL from printer?
- 11 What is PCL XL driver?
- 12 How do I fix PCL XL error Subsystem kernel?
- 13 What is PCL format?
- 14 How do I convert a PCL file to PDF?
- 15 How do I view a PCL file?
How do I fix a corrupted printer driver?
- Go to Print Management:
- In print management select All Printers under Custom Filters.
- Then go to All Drivers under Custom Filters.
- Open Windows Explorer or My Computer and navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spooldrivers.
- Go into each folder one at a time and delete everything in there.
- Restart the computer.
Why is my printer printing PCL XL error?
What is the PCL XL Error? The PCL XL Error typically shows up when a user tries to send multiple documents for printing. One of the primary reasons why this problem occurs is a corrupted printer driver. In some instances, the printer settings can also cause the error to show up.
How do I fix a PCL XL error on my printer?
Right click on your printer that is having the PCL XL Error, and select Printing preferences. Click the Advanced tab. Change TrueType Font to Download as Softfont, and set Send True Type as Bitmap to Enabled. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
How do I print a PCL file?
PCL files can be printed to any HP LaserJet printer by opening the Windows command prompt and typing print file. pcl. In Unix, you can type lpr file. pcl.
Can a printer be corrupted?
It is quite usual for printer drivers to become corrupted though strangely enough, there are no specific reasons for that happening. If that is not weird enough, it can happen anytime, and during most of the time, without any warning either.
How do I manually remove a printer driver in Windows 10?
- Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
- Select the printer driver to uninstall.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select “Remove driver and driver package” and click OK.
What does PCL XL warning mean?
3. Related question: PCL XL Error. The problem lies in the usage of PCL6 drivers. It is likely that Windows XP does not support the drivers perfectly and thus causes errors ( Illegal Media Source means that it tries to fetch paper from a tray that doesn’t exist).
How do I fix PCL XL error Illegalattributevalue?
If the error is not occurring due to PDF files then another reason can be the post driver. You can fix this error by switching the PS driver. Sometimes when the printer is old and the firmware is not working properly, then it can also show this error.
What is PCL XL warning IllegalMediaSize?
The IllegalMediaSize error indicates two things: You are using a PCL6 (PCL XL) printer driver. The ‘instructions’ in the generated print job contain a reference to a paper size which is not supported by the PCL XL language interpreter in the printer’s firmware.
What is unsupported personality PCL from printer?
HP LaserJet 1010 and 1012 Series Printers – A Page Prints with the Error Unsupported Personality: PCL. This error condition occurs by design when an attempt to print with a PCL5e or PCL6 printer driver occurs and is NOT a bug within the product software.
What is PCL XL driver?
Hewlett-Packard developed the Printer Command Language, or PCL, for its ink-jet printers in the 1980s. It became widespread with the introduction of PCL3 for the company’s popular LaserJet printer. PCL6, also known as PCL-XL, is a more powerful driver that operates completely differently, while retaining the PCL name.
How do I fix PCL XL error Subsystem kernel?
“PCL XL error subsystem KERNEL” Suggest to the network administrator to change the printer settings to use the STANDARD printer driver for that make of printer. (i.e. For Hewlett-Packard printers, use the STANDARD “HP LaserJet” printer driver, for LexMark, use the STANDARD LexMark printer driver, etc.)
What is PCL format?
Printer Command Language (PCL) is a descriptive format associated with printed digital documents. Originally created in by Hewlett-Packard in the 1980’s, PCL is used to describe the graphic and text layout of documents to be printed.
How do I convert a PCL file to PDF?
To convert a PDF file to the PCL language it must be in, simply select the “Print” option from Adobe Reader while viewing the PDF. This will convert it to PCL and send it to the printer.
How do I view a PCL file?
What browser should I use to view PCL files? You can use any modern browser to view PCL files, for example, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera, or Safari.