- 1 How do you fix a printer that’s in use?
- 2 How do I change printer settings on a Mac?
- 3 How do I fix the idle printer on my Mac?
- 4 Why is my printer not printing from my Mac?
- 5 What does it mean when the printer is offline Mac?
- 6 Where are printer settings stored on a Mac?
- 7 Why is my Mac printing double sided?
- 8 Why is two-sided printing off on my Mac?
- 9 Why does my computer say my printer is idle?
- 10 How do I reset my Mac printer?
- 11 How do I get my printer off idle mode?
- 12 Why won’t my HP printer connect to my Mac?
- 13 Why can’t I print from my Mac to my HP printer?
- 14 Why is my printer connected but not printing?
How do you fix a printer that’s in use?
How to fix the Another computer is using the printer error
- Reset the Print Spooler service. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type services.
- Perform a printer power cycle. Turn off your computer and your printer.
- Update or reinstall the printer driver.
- Update Windows.
How do I change printer settings on a Mac?
Use Printers & Scanners preferences to manage printers and scanners. To learn how to add a printer to use with your Mac, see Add a printer on Mac. To change these preferences, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
How do I fix the idle printer on my Mac?
Click the Apple icon ( ), and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system. Click OK to confirm the reset.
Why is my printer not printing from my Mac?
If you’re using an AirPrint-enabled printer, you can check with the manufacturer to see if there’s an update for your printer model. If none of the previous solutions work, the printer’s queue may be corrupted. Try deleting it and setting up your printer again. If you still can’t print, reset the printing system.
What does it mean when the printer is offline Mac?
The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam or missing paper.
Where are printer settings stored on a Mac?
With a document open on your Mac, choose File > Print. Click the Presets pop-up menu, then choose your preset. If you don’t see the Presets pop-up menu, click Show Details. You see all presets available for that printer.
Why is my Mac printing double sided?
For Mac OS X 10.5 or later users: Choose “Layout” option from the print options pop-up menu. If you want to enable 2-sided(Duplex) Printing, choose “Long-edge binding” or “Short-edge binding” in Two-Sided. Automatically the Two-Sided check box is checked. You can print pages on both sides of the paper.
Why is two-sided printing off on my Mac?
Go to the Printers tab and select your printer from the list. In the Administrators drop-down list, choose Set Default Options. To enable double-sided printing, select Long-edge Binding or Short-Edge Binding for the Two-Sided option. To disable double-sided printing, choose Off.
Why does my computer say my printer is idle?
A printer may seem idle when it should not be for one of the following reasons: The current print request is being filtered. The printer has a fault. Networking problems may be interrupting the printing process.
How do I reset my Mac printer?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system ” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
How do I get my printer off idle mode?
Reset the printer.
- Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Why won’t my HP printer connect to my Mac?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
Why can’t I print from my Mac to my HP printer?
If you can’t print or scan using your HP printer, and your Mac displays a warning about HP software files, you may need to replace your printer drivers. “One or more components of the HP printer software are corrupted or missing” “‘Filter’ failed” “Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)”
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.