- 1 Why is my HP printer printing blank pages?
- 2 How do I fix an HP printer that is printing blank?
- 3 Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 4 How do I fix my printer with blank lines?
- 5 How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
- 6 Why is my printer printing color but not black?
- 7 How do I clean my HP printer contacts?
- 8 Why is my printer cutting off the top of words?
Why is my HP printer printing blank pages?
– Ink or toner cartridges that have become dislodged from their proper place. – The wrong paper size loaded in the input tray. – Clogged printer head nozzles causing a build-up of blocked ink or toner.
How do I fix an HP printer that is printing blank?
5 simple fixes to try:
- Check ink cartridges.
- Run the Windows printer troubleshooter.
- Update the printer driver.
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Configure Print Spooler service.
Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of output–any shade of gray will do.
How do I fix my printer with blank lines?
The summary (TL;DR):
- Clogged printhead nozzles or low ink levels are the most common cause for blank or light bands.
- Use the built-in cleaning cycle or manually clean the printhead.
- For vertical blank bands, check for paper or labels blocking the print in specific areas.
How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
HP printheads clog periodically as small amounts of ink or dust dry up and collect in the nozzle. Faint, streaky or spotty prints are all common signs of a clog but a simple cleaning can usually get your HP ink cartridges working again. Printheads clog due to infrequent cartridge use.
Why is my printer printing color but not black?
First, check your printer settings on the file or picture your trying to print. If your page is setup to print in “grayscale” it will only print in black and white. Change the setting to “default” so it will print in color. If your settings look good from the start, the cartridge may just need to be primed.
How do I clean my HP printer contacts?
- Remove the cartridges.
- Place the cartridges on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing up.
- Unplug the printer power cord.
- Lightly moisten the lint-free cleaning material with clean water.
- Clean the cartridge contacts.
- Clean the carriage contacts.
Why is my printer cutting off the top of words?
The short fix is to choose File » Page Setup, click the Margins tab (see Figure 6-3), and adjust the bottom margin. But if you’re frequently getting this problem, make sure that you’re using the same paper size as the person who set up the document.