- 1 Should my printer be set as default printer?
- 2 Why does my default printer change?
- 3 Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
- 4 How do I change printer default?
- 5 How do I remove a default printer?
- 6 How do I change the default printer in registry?
- 7 Why does my printer keep defaulting to OneNote?
- 8 Can Default printer be changed?
- 9 Should I let Windows manage my default printer?
- 10 How do I manage Printers in Windows 10?
- 11 How do I change my Printer default to single sided?
- 12 How do I change my default HP Printer?
- 13 How do I change print preview settings?
Should my printer be set as default printer?
From time to time you may need to start printing from a new printer. This can happen because of a desk or office move or because of a network change. For efficiency, you should set your default printer to the one you use most often or the one that is most convenient.
Why does my default printer change?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used. This isn’t the only reason your default printer may be changing.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
When a device is changing on its own, it is usually because there is a setting On windows 10 PC that allows changing the device to the most suitable one that it deems worthy. Lets fallow steps below to Turn off Windows manage my default printer Option. Click on Devices then select Printer & Scanners.
How do I change printer default?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
How do I remove a default printer?
Follow these steps to configure it:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the following page: Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners.
- See the option named “Let Windows manage my default printer”. Turn it off as shown below:
How do I change the default printer in registry?
The default printer is determined for a user by querying the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows: Device using GetProfileString() function. From this key a string formatted as follows is derived: PRINTERNAME, winspool, PORT.
Why does my printer keep defaulting to OneNote?
Your printer software is incompatible with your operating system version and Windows has reverted to the Send to OneNote print driver as the default printer.
Can Default printer be changed?
To change your default printer: Choose Printer and Faxes in the Control Panel (Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes). Right-click on the printer you want to make the default printer. From the context menu that opens up select Set as Default Printer.
Should I let Windows manage my default printer?
If you primarily use your own printer in your own office / home and you are satisfied to manage the default printer setting if / when it is necessary, then retain control of the option. For example, leave the box unchecked or use other (Windows 7) control to “opt out” of the feature.
How do I manage Printers in Windows 10?
To change your printer’s settings, head to either Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. In the Settings interface, click a printer and then click “Manage” to see more options.
How do I change my Printer default to single sided?
On your PC go to control panel >devices and printers and right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu. Click the advance tab and select default settings and change to single sided.
How do I change my default HP Printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
How do I change print preview settings?
Select page setup options
- In the Navigation Pane, right-click the report and then click Print Preview.
- On the Print Preview tab, in the Page Layout group, click Page Setup and set the margins, orientation and column settings that you want. Print Options tab settings.