- 1 Why is my Brother laser printer streaking?
- 2 How do I fix the streaks on my Brother printer?
- 3 How do I stop my laser printer from streaking?
- 4 How do I stop my printer from printing streaks?
- 5 How do I get rid of horizontal lines in my printer?
- 6 Why is my printer leaving black streaks?
- 7 How do I clean my Brother printer?
- 8 Why is my laser printer smearing?
Why is my Brother laser printer streaking?
Black, cyan, magenta, or yellow vertical lines or streaks can be caused by a dirty corona wire, a toner cartridge, or the drum unit. Follow the steps below to clean the corona wire and the drum roller.
How do I fix the streaks on my Brother printer?
If you are still asking “Why is my brother printer leaving streaks?” after cleaning the corona wire and the drum roller, then your toner cartridge might be damaged. Hence, the solution to fixing your Brother Printer toner streaks issue is to replace the toner cartridge.
How do I stop my laser printer from streaking?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. How can I fix my laser printer’s streaking issue?
- Remove the cartridge and rock it back and forth a few times over a trashcan to evenly redistribute the toner powder.
- Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print.
How do I stop my printer from printing streaks?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
How do I get rid of horizontal lines in my printer?
Choosing the “Color” option will often fix horizontal lines appearing in black and white printouts. Speed – Turning off high speed printing mode often eliminates unwanted lines.
Why is my printer leaving black streaks?
This happens when the rollers or the transfer belt inside the printer get dirty or covered in excess toner powder and as the paper is moved through the printer, the ‘tracks’ are being left on the page. This is normally the case when the tracks on the page are located at either end.
How do I clean my Brother printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Do one of the following: – If your Brother machine has the INK key on its control panel, press the INK key.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Cleaning.
- Press the OK key.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select BLACK, COLOR or ALL depending on what you want to clean.
- Press the OK key.
Why is my laser printer smearing?
Smears that appear in addition to otherwise well-formed output may signal toner contamination inside your LaserJet, either from a leaky cartridge or from improperly fused sheets that leave toner residue behind. Smears at the edge of the sheet that enters the printer first point to dirty paper guides.