Why is my printer printing lines in the color?
If your print-outs are streaky, faded, have lines on them that should not be there, or are otherwise poor in quality, this may be due to a problem with the printer or a low ink or toner supply. You may be running out of ink or toner. If you have an inkjet printer, the print head may be dirty or partially blocked.
Why is my HP printer printing lines?
HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. Clean the ink cartridges with the ink cartridge cleaning utility in the HP Printer Toolbox.
How do I fix the color lines on my printer?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why is my printer printing white stripes?
White lines will typically start appearing on your print outs due to a clogged up printer head. Your first port of call when solving this problem is to run the cleaning program on your printer, which should be accessible through its settings menu.
How do I get rid of vertical lines when printing?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
How do you stop printer lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.