- 1 Why does my printer keep on jamming?
- 2 How do you fix a paper jam on a Brother printer?
- 3 How do I get my printer to stop jamming?
- 4 Why does my printer keep jamming when printing double sided?
- 5 Why does my printer keep jamming HP?
- 6 How do I reset my Brother printer?
- 7 How do I fix my HP printer from jamming?
- 8 How do I fix my printer not printing?
- 9 What usually causes a printer to feed multiple pages?
- 10 Why won’t my printer feed the paper?
- 11 Why does printer say out of paper?
Why does my printer keep on jamming?
If your printer keeps jamming, you should know that the most common cause of a jam is misalignment of the paper. Paper needs to load in smoothly, completely flush with the tray. Overfilling the tray is a great way to ensure you will be spending some personal time getting to know the inside of a printer.
How do you fix a paper jam on a Brother printer?
Follow these steps:
- Unplug your Brother machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Pull the paper tray (1) completely out of your Brother machine.
- Pull out the jammed paper (1).
- Lift the Jam Clear flap, and remove the jammed paper.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in your Brother machine.
How do I get my printer to stop jamming?
Check inside the printer for any debris that might be causing paper jams.
- Turn off the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Remove any paper from the input tray.
- Open the rear access door, and then clean the paper feed rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with filtered water.
Why does my printer keep jamming when printing double sided?
If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur. Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.
Why does my printer keep jamming HP?
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
[Settings]>[All Settings]>[Initial Setup]>[Reset]. to display the type of reset functions, and then press the reset function you want to use. The LCD displays [Machine will reboot after resetting. Press [OK] for 2 seconds to confirm.].
How do I fix my HP printer from jamming?
Step 2: Clear a jam from the inside of the printer
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord and any other cable.
- Remove jammed paper from the following areas.
- Replace any parts that were removed, and close any open doors.
- Reconnect the power cord, and other cables that were disconnected.
- Turn on the printer.
How do I fix my printer not printing?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
What usually causes a printer to feed multiple pages?
Causes of Multiple Sheet Feed Multiple pages being fed through the printer overlapping or in a stack occurs when the media fails to separate correctly in the tray. Common causes are issues with the print media, incorrectly adjusted paper trays and worn or contaminated feed or separator rollers.
Why won’t my printer feed the paper?
A paper feed issue can occur for several reasons, such as dusty or contaminated paper rollers, the condition of the paper in the tray, or even issues with the software. To resolve the issue, try each solution in this document, and then use the steps in this section to print a self-test report.
Why does printer say out of paper?
The paper is too slick for the product. The paper might not be engaged with the feed rollers. The paper tray is not completely inserted into the product. The paper settings in the print driver do not match the paper loaded in the paper tray.