- 1 Why does my printer keep saying error printing?
- 2 How do I get my printer out of error status?
- 3 How do I clear a print queue error?
- 4 Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
- 5 How do you reset your printer?
- 6 How do I fix HP printer errors?
- 7 How do I fix a print job stuck in queue?
- 8 Why does my print queue not clear after printing?
- 9 Why do my print jobs get stuck in queue?
- 10 How do I reset my HP printer error message?
- 11 How do I clear error messages on my HP printer?
- 12 How do I check my HP printer for errors?
Why does my printer keep saying error printing?
If your printer’s status displays “Printer in error state,” there may be a problem with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
How do I get my printer out of error status?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Make sure that your printer is Online.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic.
- Update Windows.
How do I clear a print queue error?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
An issue most commonly associated with driver or printer cable problems, turning the printer off and on should see this error message disappear. A hardware problem may be the reason the error message persists. Try resetting the printer initially and reinstall the toner cartridge if the problem persists.
How do you reset your printer?
It’s a pretty simple process:
- With the printer turned on, pull out the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the printer back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Run a test print.
How do I fix HP printer errors?
- Make sure the printer is turned on. You can also restart both the printer and your computer.
- Check if the printer is connected to your computer or WI-FI network.
- Make sure the paper try of your printer is loaded and that the printer has enough ink.
- If the error still occurs, contact the HP printer support.
How do I fix a print job stuck in queue?
Clear printer jobs stuck in the print queue
- Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Delete the files in the Printers directory.
- Restart the Restart the Print Spooler service.
Why does my print queue not clear after printing?
This behavior happens when Advanced Job Status is chosen in Print Manager. This option should be turned off in most printers. To check the setting of Advanced Job Status, do the following: In the Print Manager window, choose Printer from the File menu.
Why do my print jobs get stuck in queue?
If your print jobs still get stuck in queue, the main cause is a wrong or outdated printer driver. So you should update your printer driver to see if it fixes your problem. There are two ways to update your printer driver: manually or automatically.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
How do I clear error messages on my HP printer?
In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
How do I check my HP printer for errors?
Double-click on the HP printer icon in the system tray on the bottom right of the screen, if it appears. Look under “Status” in the printing queue to read the error messages.