- 1 Why is my printer connected but not printing?
- 2 How do I run a diagnostic on my printer?
- 3 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 4 How do you troubleshoot a print problem?
- 5 How do I fix HP printer not printing?
- 6 Why is my Canon printer connected but not printing?
- 7 Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
- 8 How do you reset printer queue?
- 9 How can I get my printer back online?
- 10 What are the steps in troubleshooting?
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
How do I run a diagnostic on my printer?
To launch the Windows 10 Troubleshooter for your printer, right-click your Windows Start menu. Click Settings, then Update & Security > Troubleshoot. In the Troubleshoot section, under Get up and running, click Printer.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
SOLUTION 1: Check HP Printer Status 1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
How do you troubleshoot a print problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
How do I fix HP printer not printing?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
Why is my Canon printer connected but not printing?
The key reasons for Canon printer not printing are given as below: The print jobs are stuck in printer queue. Paper jams disable the printer’s ability to print. Faulty drivers or wireless connection do not allow the printer to print.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
When the printer status is “Offline,” it indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This issue can occur for various reasons, such as the following: The printer is turned off. The network cable or USB cable is disconnected.
How do you reset printer queue?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How can I get my printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
What are the steps in troubleshooting?
9.2 General Steps to Troubleshoot an Issue
- Identify the symptom: Identify the Type of Issue. Find the problem area.
- Eliminate non-issues: Make sure the correct patches, drivers, and operating systems are installed.
- Find the cause: Check for typical causes in the area.
- Find the fix: Find a possible workaround.