Why does my Kyocera printer keep jamming?
If persistent jamming is the problem, the first test would be to remove all of the paper in the printer and replace it with paper from a new ream, or of a different manufacturer. Check the label on the new package of paper to verify the paper meets Kyocera’s specifications. Short grain paper will cause frequent jams.
Why does my printer paper jam?
Incorrect loading of paper: In the majority of cases, this is the cause for printer paper jams. There’s a lot that can go wrong while you’re loading the paper in the input tray. For example, individual sheets could stick together which will result in them being pulled in together. This will cause a paper jam.
How do you fix a paper jam without paper?
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer. Unplug the power cord from the power source.
How do you clean Kyocera printer rollers?
How to Clean a Kyocera Printer
- Open the cover.
- Remove the drum if applicable.
- Kyocera printers have a green cleaning knob.
- Brush any debris from the paper tray and feed that is easily visible.
- Close the printer and make sure the display reads that it is ready to print.
How do I troubleshoot my Kyocera printer?
Check the cable running from the Kyocera printer to the computer, if you get no response when sending a print job. Remove the cable at both ends, then reseat it carefully. If that does not work, shut down both the printer and the computer, then power on the printer and wait for it to come to ready mode.
What to do if printer keeps jamming?
Check inside the printer for any debris that might be causing paper jams.
- Turn off the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Remove any paper from the input tray.
- Open the rear access door, and then clean the paper feed rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with filtered water.
How do I fix my printer from jamming?
Step 2: Clear a jam from the inside of the printer
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord and any other cable.
- Remove jammed paper from the following areas.
- Replace any parts that were removed, and close any open doors.
- Reconnect the power cord, and other cables that were disconnected.
- Turn on the printer.