- 1 Why do I have to keep restarting printer spooler?
- 2 How do I stop my printer from restarting spooler?
- 3 Why is my printer spooling but not printing?
- 4 How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I fix printer spooler problem?
- 6 How do I clear the Print Spooler?
- 7 How do I refresh printer spooler?
- 8 How do I restart a Print Spooler service?
- 9 What do I do when my printer won’t print?
- 10 Why is my printing spooling?
- 11 What is a spooling error when printing?
- 12 Why does my printer spooler keep stopping Windows 10?
- 13 How do I restart the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
- 14 How do I speed up the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
Why do I have to keep restarting printer spooler?
If your pending print jobs are not few, they can cause your print spooler to stop. Deleting your print spooler files to clear pending print jobs sometimes resolve the problem.
How do I stop my printer from restarting spooler?
How To Restart the Print Spooler Service on a Windows OS
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type services.
- Scroll down and select the Print Spooler Service.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Stop.
- Wait for 30 seconds for the service to stop.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Start.
Why is my printer spooling but not printing?
Your files and your Windows installation can sometimes get corrupted, and that can cause issues with printing. If you have problems with printing stuck on spooling, you might be able to fix them simply by performing an SFC scan. SFC scan will scan your PC for any corrupted files and try to fix them.
How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
How to fix print spooler using Services
- Open Start on Windows 10.
- Search for services.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Stop button.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
How do I fix printer spooler problem?
How to fix a printer spooler error
- Delete all the print jobs in this folder.
- Head back to ‘Services,’ find ‘Print Spooler’ and right click. Now select ‘Start. ‘
- Now open the program you closed down and try and print the document you wanted as normal.
How do I clear the Print Spooler?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How do I refresh printer spooler?
Method 2: Using the Services Console
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Type services. msc in the Start Search box.
- Click Services in the Programs list.
- Locate and right-click on Print Spooler, and then click Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right click Print Spooler again, and then click Start from the dop down menu.
How do I restart a Print Spooler service?
Restart the Print Spooler
- Click Start, type “Services.
- Double-click “Printer Spooler” in the Services list.
- Click Stop and click OK.
- Click Start, type “%WINDIR%system32spoolprinters” in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
- Click Start, type “Services.
What do I do when my printer won’t print?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
Why is my printing spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
What is a spooling error when printing?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software. You may need to try more than one method to fix the spooler.
Why does my printer spooler keep stopping Windows 10?
Sometimes Print Spooler service can keep stopping because of Print Spooler files – too many, pending, or corrupt files. Deleting your print spooler files can clear pending print jobs, or the too many files or solve the corrupt files to resolve the problem.
How do I restart the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
Here are the steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog.
- Type services.
- Find the Print Spooler services, right-click and select Stop.
- Leave the services window open and launch the Run dialog once again.
- Type %systemroot%System32spoolprinters
- Hit the Enter key.
- Check if the folder is empty.
How do I speed up the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
How can I improve printing time on Windows 10?
- Update your printer driver.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Assign a new IP address to your printer.
- Set the printer pointing to the port.
- Stop the Print Spooler service and clear the printers directory.
- Remove the WSD port and switch to the TCP/IP.