- 1 How do I fix my printer spooling?
- 2 Why is my printer spooling but not printing?
- 3 What is a spooling error when printing?
- 4 How do I clear the printer spooler?
- 5 How do I restart printer spooler?
- 6 Why is my printing spooling?
- 7 What do I do when my printer won’t print?
- 8 How do I clear the print queue?
- 9 How do I stop my HP printer from spooling?
- 10 How do I stop my printer from spooling Windows 10?
- 11 Why won’t my HP printer delete a document?
How do I fix my printer spooling?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
Why is my printer spooling but not printing?
Your files and your Windows installation can sometimes get corrupted, and that can cause issues with printing. If you have problems with printing stuck on spooling, you might be able to fix them simply by performing an SFC scan. SFC scan will scan your PC for any corrupted files and try to fix them.
What is a spooling error when printing?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software. You may need to try more than one method to fix the spooler.
How do I clear the printer spooler?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How do I restart printer spooler?
How To Restart the Print Spooler Service on a Windows OS
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type services.
- Scroll down and select the Print Spooler Service.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Stop.
- Wait for 30 seconds for the service to stop.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Start.
Why is my printing spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
What do I do when my printer won’t print?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
How do I clear the print queue?
- Select Start.
- Type Command.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
- Type del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters* /Q then press “Enter“.
- Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.
- The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.
How do I stop my HP printer from spooling?
Right-click “Print Spooler” and select Stop. Within the Services window, find and right-click on the Print Spooler option. From the dropdown menu, select the Stop option. This will end the spooling service and cancel any documents in the printer queue.
How do I stop my printer from spooling Windows 10?
The Print Spooler can also be stopped and started in the Services window, though the underlying method stays basically the same.
- Right-click the Start button.
- Click Run.
- Type services.
- Right-click Print Spooler — you might have to scroll down to find it.
- Click Stop.
Why won’t my HP printer delete a document?
The Print Service might be stuck. Stopping the Service, clearing the print job folder, and restarting the Service may get rid of the issue. If you catch the job quickly enough, print jobs can be cancelled on the printer. The “cancel” button might be labeled as such or might present as a red X.