- 1 Why is my printer not printing certain things?
- 2 Why is my printer printing weird lines?
- 3 Why is my HP printer printing missing lines?
- 4 Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 5 What do I do if my HP printer is not printing?
- 6 What to do when printer is printing lines?
- 7 How do I print a diagnostic page on my HP printer?
- 8 How do I stop printing lines?
Why is my printer not printing certain things?
Sometimes, though, printers are finicky—there may be paper loaded, but if the printer can’t grab hold, it’s going to think it’s empty. Try removing the paper tray, re-aligning the paper, and sliding it back in. In other instances, there may be some paper jammed in the mechanism.
Why is my printer printing weird lines?
If your print-outs are streaky, faded, have lines on them that should not be there, or are otherwise poor in quality, this may be due to a problem with the printer or a low ink or toner supply. You may be running out of ink or toner. Check your ink or toner supply and buy a new cartridge if necessary.
Why is my HP printer printing missing lines?
The fixes that you can implement to rectify the missing lines error in the HP printer include cleaning the metal and electrical contacts, removing the black ink cartridge for a few hours, running the Clean Print Cartridges Utility Tool, and replacing the old expended ink cartridges with the new ones.
Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary. Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
What do I do if my HP printer is not printing?
1) Perform basic troubleshooting You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. See if your printer can print as normally as before.
What to do when printer is printing lines?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
How do I print a diagnostic page on my HP printer?
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page
- Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.
- Click Print & Scan.
- Click Maintain Your Printer.
- Click the Device Services tab, and then click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.
How do I stop printing lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.