- 1 Why is my Photosmart 5520 not printing?
- 2 Why is my HP printer suddenly not printing?
- 3 Why is my printer running but not printing?
- 4 What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
- 5 How do I get my HP 5520 printer back online?
- 6 Is there a reset button on HP printers?
- 7 How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
- 8 Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
- 9 How do I fix a print queue issue?
Why is my Photosmart 5520 not printing?
Ensure that the ink levels are proper. If the ink levels are low or empty, replace them with new ink cartridges. Ensure that the HP Printer Photosmart 5520 ink cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly. Remove the printhead and clean it either with alcohol or a cloth dipped in warm water.
Why is my HP printer suddenly not printing?
In many cases, printer won’t print issue comes from faulty drivers. You may need to update or reinstall printer driver to fix your HP printer not printing issue. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
Why is my printer running but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer is present. Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them. Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device. Restart your computer.
How do I get my HP 5520 printer back online?
Check Control Panel Click on the name of your printer and check for what is printing. Then from the options that arise, use the printer ‘Online’ option from the dialog box and the status of your HP Photosmart 5520 printer will alter from offline to online.
The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE. Press (Down Arrow) button until control panel displays COLD RESET. Press (Select). The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.
How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
When the printer status is “Offline,” it indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This issue can occur for various reasons, such as the following: The printer is turned off. The network cable or USB cable is disconnected.
How do I fix a print queue issue?
On a Windows PC, clear the print spooler to clean out your queue.
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.