- 1 Why won’t my printer print even though it is connected?
- 2 How do I fix my printer but not print?
- 3 How do I fix a stuck HP printer queue?
- 4 Why do documents stay in queue and not printing?
- 5 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 6 How do I fix HP printer not printing?
- 7 Why are my documents not printing?
- 8 How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
- 9 How do I fix a stuck print queue?
- 10 How do you reset printer queue?
- 11 Why are my print jobs stuck in the queue?
- 12 How do I force a print queue to delete?
- 13 How do I clear my HP printer queue?
- 14 How do I force a print job to cancel?
Why won’t my printer print even though it is connected?
The printer you plugged in to a USB hub on a system with too many peripherals to accommodate a direct connection may refuse to work that way. Shut down the printer and restart to reset on the printer end. If that is not the issue, check the connection at your wireless router and reset the router as well.
How do I fix my printer but not print?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
How do I fix a stuck HP printer queue?
To resolve this issue quickly, download and run our HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool. This tool will remove all the print jobs stuck in the queue, clear the print spooler, detect if there are other problems and fix the issues automatically.
Why do documents stay in queue and not printing?
Often, simply clearing and restarting the print spooler —the software that prepares and manages printing documents—can fix the problem. If that fails, you may need to cancel one or more documents in your print queue and see if that gets things going again. This should work in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
How do I fix HP printer not printing?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
Why are my documents not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
How do I fix a stuck print queue?
Clear printer jobs stuck in the print queue
- Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Delete the files in the Printers directory.
- Restart the Restart the Print Spooler service.
How do you reset printer queue?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
Why are my print jobs stuck in the queue?
If your print jobs still get stuck in queue, the main cause is a wrong or outdated printer driver. So you should update your printer driver to see if it fixes your problem. There are two ways to update your printer driver: manually or automatically.
How do I force a print queue to delete?
Force-Delete Printer Queue using the GUI Leave this window open. Press “Windows key + R” again, type “%systemroot%System32spoolprinters” followed by pressing “Ctrl + A” to select all files, if any, then tap “Delete” to remove them.
How do I clear my HP printer queue?
Cancel print job (Win 10) | HP
- Open the print queue. If a printer icon displays in the notification area, double-click the icon to open the print queue.
- Right-click the print job you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
How do I force a print job to cancel?
To cancel one or more print jobs, follow these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type control printers, and then click OK.
- Right-click the icon for your printer, and then click Open. To cancel individual print jobs, right-click the print job that you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.