- 1 How do I get rid of the lines on my Lexmark printer?
- 2 How do I change the print tray on my Lexmark printer?
- 3 How to print only Black and White on Lexmark?
- 4 Why is my Lexmark printer printing lines?
- 5 Why is my printer printing a black line on the left side?
- 6 How do I add a tray to my printer?
- 7 What is configure MP?
- 8 What is Load MP Feeder with 6 letter custom?
- 9 How do I turn off Color printing on my Lexmark printer?
- 10 Why is my Lexmark printer not printing in Color?
- 11 How do I fix my Lexmark printer problem?
- 12 Why is my printer printing vertical lines?
- 13 Do laser printers have printheads?
How do I get rid of the lines on my Lexmark printer?
Vertical dark lines or streaks
- From the control panel, navigate to: Settings > Troubleshooting > Cleaning the scanner.
- Using a damp, soft, lint-free cloth, clean the scanner.
- Check if the printer is using a genuine and supported Lexmark toner cartridge.
- Remove, and then insert the imaging unit.
- Replace the imaging unit.
How do I change the print tray on my Lexmark printer?
Press and release the Menu button. Press until Paper Menu appears, and then press the Select button. Press until Paper Size/Type appears, and then press. Press until the required media source is reached (e.g. Tray 1, Tray 2, etc.), and then press.
How to print only Black and White on Lexmark?
Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Print > Quality > Print Mode and check whether it is set to ” Black and White ” then change it to “Color”. Step 2: Navigate to Settings > Device > Maintenance > Configuration Menu > Print Configuration > Black Only Mode.
Why is my Lexmark printer printing lines?
In most cases, vertical lines and streaks are caused by a leaking or malfunctioning toner cartridge. This is especially true if the streaks are of only one color. If none of the supplies are reading as low or exhausted, perform the steps in the table below. Enter the printer’s Diagnostic Menu.
Why is my printer printing a black line on the left side?
This happens when the rollers or the transfer belt inside the printer get dirty or covered in excess toner powder and as the paper is moved through the printer, the ‘tracks’ are being left on the page. This is normally the case when the tracks on the page are located at either end.
How do I add a tray to my printer?
Enable the Additional Paper Tray in Printer Properties
- Click on the start button.
- Select “View Devices and Printers”.
- Right click on the printer icon, select “Printer Properties”.
- Select the “Printer” tab.
- In the “Printer Option Configuration” section of the dialogue, select how many trays have been installed.
What is configure MP?
– Configure MP – Adjustable user setting found under Paper Menu > Configure MP on the printer that changes the MP feeder’s behavior. NOTE: The printer menu location for Configure MP depends on the printer model; however, this setting is most frequently found under Paper Menu.
What is Load MP Feeder with 6 letter custom?
The Load MP Feeder message means that the printer wants you to load paper into the front-loading Multipurpose Feeder. Custom type 6 refers to the fact that your print driver was configured to request something called custom 6. Letter means 8½ x 11″ standard US size.
How do I turn off Color printing on my Lexmark printer?
Press either Menu button until Print Mode appears on the display and then press Select. Press either Menu button to change the setting from *Color to =Black & White on the display and then press Select to save the setting. NOTE: The default setting is Color.
Why is my Lexmark printer not printing in Color?
Go to Start, Settings, Printers or Printers and Faxes (Other Devices). Right-click on the default driver and select Printing Preferences or Properties. Click the Color tab or the Print Quality tab. If this option is selected and you want to print in color, deselect it (untick the box) and click Apply.
How do I fix my Lexmark printer problem?
- Make sure that both your computer and your Lexmark printer are connected to your network.
- Restart your printer.
- Unplug the printer and check if there is any paper stuck in the machine, and if the toner is installed correctly.
- Another method is to uninstall and reinstall the printer on your computer.
Why is my printer printing vertical lines?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
Do laser printers have printheads?
Unlike inkjet printers, laser print heads don ‘t get clogged with dried ink. However, dust and bits of debris can accumulate on a laser print-head lens, causing many of the same print-quality issues as a clogged print head on an inkjet printer, including blurred or faint text and images.