- 1 Why does my printer say its printing when its not?
- 2 Why isn’t my printer printing even though it has ink?
- 3 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 4 Why is my printing not responding?
- 5 How do I clear the print spooler?
- 6 How do I change my printer status to online?
- 7 How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
- 8 How do I fix my printer not printing black ink?
- 9 What do I do if my HP printer is printing blank pages?
- 10 How do I fix HP printer problems?
- 11 What to do if the printer is not responding?
- 12 How do I stop my printer from going offline?
- 13 How do I get my printer out of error state?
Why does my printer say its printing when its not?
If at any point the Status says Error Printing, there is likely a communication issue between the computer and printer, and it’s not a broken printer causing your document not to print. If your print job is large and/or complex, it may take longer than expected for it to get to the printer.
Why isn’t my printer printing even though it has ink?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary. Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
SOLUTION 1: Check HP Printer Status 1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
Why is my printing not responding?
If your printer fails to respond to a job: Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. Cancel all documents and try printing again. If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
How do I clear the print spooler?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How do I change my printer status to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
HP printheads clog periodically as small amounts of ink or dust dry up and collect in the nozzle. Faint, streaky or spotty prints are all common signs of a clog but a simple cleaning can usually get your HP ink cartridges working again. Printheads clog due to infrequent cartridge use.
How do I fix my printer not printing black ink?
Some Basic Things To Start
- Turn off your printer, unplug from the power source and disconnect USB cables as well.
- Print a “Quality Diagnostic Report” or a “Print Test Page”.
- You can usually find this option on your printer’s display screen.
- Check printer ink levels to double check the ink volume in your cartridges.
What do I do if my HP printer is printing blank pages?
How to fix HP Printer that Prints blank pages?
- Turn Off your HP Printer by unplugging the power cable from the back of it.
- Uninstall the HP Printer drivers from the Control Panel of the computer.
- Delete the HP Printer from the Devices and Printers list.
- Turn On the HP Printer.
How do I fix HP printer problems?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
What to do if the printer is not responding?
What can I do if the printer is not responding?
- Check your antivirus and firewall.
- Check all the printer connections.
- Update the Printer’s Device Driver.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter in Windows 10.
- Make sure the selected Printer is the default one.
- Check the printer’s Windows 10 compatibility.
How do I stop my printer from going offline?
How to Keep a Printer From Switching to Offline
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printers and Faxes or Printers and Devices icon.
- Right-click the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears.
How do I get my printer out of error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Make sure that your printer is Online.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic.
- Update Windows.