- 1 What does it mean when printer is unavailable?
- 2 How do I fix HP printer driver is unavailable?
- 3 Why is my printer connected but not printing?
- 4 What do I do when my printer driver is unavailable?
- 5 How do I update my printer driver?
- 6 How do I fix printer driver is unavailable Windows 10?
- 7 Why is my printer driver not installing?
- 8 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 9 What do I do if my HP printer is not printing?
- 10 Why is my Canon printer connected but not printing?
- 11 How do I make my printer driver available?
- 12 How do I fix printer error?
So what does it exactly mean when a printer driver is unavailable? Usually, this means that there’s a particular problem with your printer’s drivers, preventing it from working correctly with your computer. At times, this error appears as a status on the driver software installed on the Windows OS.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
What to Do to Fix the Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error
- Run the Windows Update Tool. One reason why your Windows 10 computer may display the Printer Driver Is Unavailable error could be that you have an operating system that is out of date.
- Manually Update Your Printer Drivers.
- Automatically Update Your Printer Drivers.
How do I update my printer driver?
Update your driver in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and search for and open Device Manager.
- Select the printer that you’ve connected from the list of available devices.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
Follow below steps:
- Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
- Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
- Type devmgmt.
- Under Driver, expand, then right click Printer hub and select Uninstall.
- If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
Why is my printer driver not installing?
Fixing a printer driver error is often simply a matter of updating, installing or reinstalling the driver [source: Microsoft]. Go to the printer manufacturer’s Web site and search for print drivers, printer drivers or drivers. You may have to restart the computer after installing the new driver.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
What do I do if my HP printer is not printing?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
Why is my Canon printer connected but not printing?
The key reasons for Canon printer not printing are given as below: The print jobs are stuck in printer queue. Paper jams disable the printer’s ability to print. Faulty drivers or wireless connection do not allow the printer to print.
How do I make my printer driver available?
To use it: Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it, and your printer will automatically use it.
How do I fix printer error?
How do I fix Printer Error in Windows 10?
- Open the Printer Troubleshooter. Enter ‘troubleshoot’ in the text box to search for Troubleshoot settings.
- Clear the Print Spool Folder. Users have also said that they’ve fixed Error Printing by clearing the Print Spooler folder.
- Check the Printer’s Port Settings.