- 1 Why is my printer printing blue lines?
- 2 Why is my image printing with lines?
- 3 How do I get my Xerox printer back online?
- 4 How do I clean my Xerox printer drum?
- 5 How do you fix lines when printing?
- 6 Why does my printer have lines through pictures HP?
- 7 How do I change my Xerox printer from offline to online?
- 8 What do I do when my Xerox printer is offline?
- 9 How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
- 10 How often should a printer drum be replaced?
- 11 Can I clean my printer drum?
- 12 What can I use to clean printer drum?
Why is my printer printing blue lines?
There are four primary causes for horizontal banding on prints from inkjet printers, (1) nozzle clogs, (2) mis-aligned print heads, (3) low quality print settings (4) incorrect paper thickness settings. Banding from nozzle clogging usually shows up as lighter and off color horizontal lines running through the print.
Why is my image printing with lines?
Instances of printed images having fine lines aren’t too uncommon. That likely is the result of low ink levels or issues with the ink toner or cartridge itself that might cause fine lines to appear. Printer nozzles getting clogged is another possible reason why printer photos have lines.
How do I get my Xerox printer back online?
Select the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen, select Control Panel, and then select Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer in question and select See what’s printing. From the window that opens, select Printer from the menu bar at the top. Select Use Printer Online from the drop-down menu.
How do I clean my Xerox printer drum?
Perform the Drum Cartridge Cleaning Procedure
- Load the Bypass Tray with Tabloid/Ledger size paper (279 x 432 mm / 11 x 17 in.).
- Press the Machine Status button.
- Select the Supplies tab.
- Select Drum Cartridge.
- Select Drum Cleaning to start the drum cleaning process.
How do you fix lines when printing?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why does my printer have lines through pictures HP?
Introduction. HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. The ink cartridges and the and printer cradle should be cleaned.
How do I change my Xerox printer from offline to online?
When the printer is offline, any services, such as Workflow Scanning, are unavailable.
- Login as the System Administrator.
- Press the Machine Status button on the Control Panel.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Online/Offline.
- Select Online or Offline.
- Select Close.
What do I do when my Xerox printer is offline?
Try the following:
- Power the printer Off, wait 30 seconds, then power the printer back On.
- Make sure the print job is not paused in the print queue.
- Make sure the router is not set to the 5GHz wireless frequency.
- Make sure the printer is connecting to the correct wireless network.
How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How often should a printer drum be replaced?
Over time, the drum unit deteriorates and eventually needs to be replaced. Drum units typically last for 10,000 to 50,000 printed pages, depending on the quality of the printer and unit. Your printer will exhibit warning signs of the drum unit’s deterioration so you can replace it before it stops working.
Can I clean my printer drum?
After you have removed the chunks of toner, dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. Carefully wipe off any dirty areas visible on the drum. If the drum unit is dirty, apply some rubbing alcohol onto your lint-free cloth and carefully wipe the body of the drum unit.
What can I use to clean printer drum?
Isopropyl Alcohol / Aerosol Spry Duster: Sometimes known as rubbing alcohol, isopropyl alcohol is ideal for cleaning mechanical equipment as it quickly evaporates leaving no fluid behind. Use this to ensure no residue is left behind after cleaning.