- 1 Why does my laser printer crease the paper?
- 2 How do I clean the rollers on my HP LaserJet Pro 400?
- 3 How do I calibrate my HP LaserJet Pro 400?
- 4 What is usually the problem if the print on the paper from a laser printer smears when you rub it?
- 5 Why is my printer tearing the paper?
- 6 How do you fix printer crumpled paper?
- 7 How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
- 8 How do I fix the color problem on my HP printer?
- 9 Why is my printer printing weird colors?
- 10 Why is my HP printer not printing Colour properly?
- 11 How can I fix a blurry printer?
- 12 How do I know if my printer is aligned?
- 13 How do I stop my laser printer from smearing?
Why does my laser printer crease the paper?
When your printer’s internal components are dirty or clogged, the paper starts to wrinkle. Wrinkling also occurs when the rollers inside your printer pull the paper through incorrectly. Wrinkling not only damages the paper, but also causes paper fragments to contaminate your printer’s internal parts.
How do I clean the rollers on my HP LaserJet Pro 400?
Clean the pickup roller
- Unplug the power cord from the product, and then remove the pickup roller.
- Dab a lint-free cloth in isopropyl alcohol (or water), and then scrub the roller.
- Using a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe the pickup roller to remove loosened dirt.
How do I calibrate my HP LaserJet Pro 400?
On the printer’s control panel, press the right arrow ( ) to select the Setup menu. From the System Setup menu, press OK. Press the right arrow ( ) to highlight the Print Quality menu, and then press OK. Press the right arrow ( ) to highlight the Calibrate Color setting, and then press OK.
What is usually the problem if the print on the paper from a laser printer smears when you rub it?
Smears that appear in addition to otherwise well-formed output may signal toner contamination inside your LaserJet, either from a leaky cartridge or from improperly fused sheets that leave toner residue behind. Smears at the edge of the sheet that enters the printer first point to dirty paper guides.
Why is my printer tearing the paper?
Paper pushed too far into the input tray when it is loaded, might feed into the printer incorrectly, causing the paper to tear. Paper stacks loaded into the input tray with too many or too few sheets of paper, might feed into the printer incorrectly, causing the paper to tear.
How do you fix printer crumpled paper?
Paper comes out wrinkled, creased or indentation.
- Open the back cover.
- Pull the blue tabs at the left and right sides toward you and fold down the fuser cover.
- Look into the machine to locate the two fuser rollers.
- Close the fuser cover.
- Print the document you were printing.
How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
Clean the print-cartridge area
- Disconnect the power cord from the product.
- With a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe any residue from the paper-path area and the print-cartridge cavity.
- Reinstall the print cartridge, and then close the print-cartridge door.
- Unplug the power cord.
How do I fix the color problem on my HP printer?
Methods to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color Correctly
- Check Remaining Ink / Toner Levels & Replace Cartridge if Necessary.
- Adjust the Color Theme & Color Options.
- Check Any Damage on Your Printer’s Toner Cartridge (For Laser Printers)
- Check Your Printer’s Print Quality Report (For Laser Printers)
Why is my printer printing weird colors?
If your printouts have incorrect colors, try these solutions: Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software. Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Try using the color management options in your printer software.
Why is my HP printer not printing Colour properly?
Amongst the many reasons for HP printer to stop printing colored text, the most common reason could be cartridge running short of ink. Hence before running to a conclusion for ‘HP printer color not printing issue’, do the visual inspection and replace the ink cartridge if required.
How can I fix a blurry printer?
What can I do if my printer is not printing clearly?
- Update the printer driver.
- Check the ink levels.
- Clean the print head nozzles.
- Check the alignment.
- Settings issue.
- Use the right paper.
How do I know if my printer is aligned?
- Click “Start,” then select “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click on the printer you need to align, then select “Printing Preferences” from the pop-up menu.
- Click the “Services” tab, then click the “Align the Print Cartridges” icon.
- Follow the instructions from the Alignment wizard to align the cartridges.
How do I stop my laser printer from smearing?
The best way to prevent smearing is to make sure you give the ink time to dry before picking up the copy or copies. It doesn’t take long, maybe 10-15 seconds. If that doesn’t work, try changing your printer settings for a lower quality print job.