- 1 How do I fix my Mac not printing?
- 2 Why is my printer connected but not printing?
- 3 How do I restore a printer from my Mac?
- 4 How do I fix my printer from printing blank pages Mac?
- 5 How do I get my printer back online on a Mac?
- 6 How do you reset your printer settings?
- 7 What to do if printer is not printing?
- 8 How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
- 9 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 10 How do you delete and reinstall a printer on a Mac?
- 11 Where is my printer icon on my Mac?
- 12 Why does my Mac keep printing blank pages?
- 13 Why is PDF printing blank on Mac?
- 14 Why is my Macbook Pro not printing text?
How do I fix my Mac not printing?
Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
- Re-add any printers.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
How do I restore a printer from my Mac?
This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates. – Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
How do I fix my printer from printing blank pages Mac?
For Mac OS X 10.4, check the Skip Blank Page setting in Extension Settings in the Print dialog box of your printer driver. If it is selected, blank pages in your data are not printed. Uninstall the printer driver, then reinstall it.
How do I get my printer back online on a Mac?
Click “System Preferences” in the Dock and select “Print & Scan.” Double-click your printer from the Printer list if a yellow light appears next to the printer’s name. Click “Resume.”
How do you reset your printer settings?
Follow the steps listed below to reset the print settings to the original factory default settings.
- Press the Menu/Set key on the control panel.
- Press up or down navigation key to select Printer and press Menu/Set.
- Press up or down navigation key to select Reset Printer and press Menu/Set.
- Press 1 to select “Yes”.
What to do if printer is not printing?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
How do you delete and reinstall a printer on a Mac?
Click on the “Apple” menu icon in the upper right of the screen and select “System Preferences” from the menu.
- Select the printer you want to remove and click the “-” minus sign toward the bottom left of the window.
- Click the “Delete Printer” button.
Where is my printer icon on my Mac?
Look to the Printers list and select the printer you want to use. Drag & drop the printer icon from the list to your Dock. You should see the icon for that printer appear in your Dock.
Why does my Mac keep printing blank pages?
Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary. Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct. If you’re printing from Windows or a Mac, you can select Skip Blank Page in your printer software.
Why is PDF printing blank on Mac?
A: This issue is caused by a specific image compression type called CCITT that is used by some scanners when turning an image into a PDF. You can use our PDF Studio Optimizer to convert the images to any other format and then you will be able to print without any issues.
Why is my Macbook Pro not printing text?
If you’re using an AirPrint-enabled printer, you can check with the manufacturer to see if there’s an update for your printer model. If none of the previous solutions work, the printer’s queue may be corrupted. Try deleting it and setting up your printer again. If you still can’t print, reset the printing system.