- 1 Why is my Brother printer printing a black line?
- 2 How do I fix the black line on my Brother printer?
- 3 Why is my printer printing a black line?
- 4 How do you fix black lines when printing?
- 5 How do I clean my Brother printer?
- 6 How do I fix printer lines?
- 7 Why am I getting lines on my copies?
- 8 Why does my HP printer have black lines?
Why is my Brother printer printing a black line?
Black, cyan, magenta, or yellow vertical lines or streaks can be caused by a dirty corona wire, a toner cartridge, or the drum unit.
How do I fix the black line on my Brother printer?
This issue is usually resolved by cleaning and/or replacing the drum unit. Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drum units and/or toner cartridges.
Why is my printer printing a black line?
This happens when the rollers or the transfer belt inside the printer get dirty or covered in excess toner powder and as the paper is moved through the printer, the ‘tracks’ are being left on the page. This is normally the case when the tracks on the page are located at either end.
How do you fix black lines when printing?
Fix the issue of printers causing black lines on paper
- Clean the rollers. Made of soft rubber material, rollers act to move the paper inside the printer for the print to take place.
- Replace the drum.
- Clean or replace the fuser.
- Clean cartridge nozzles.
- Extract, clean and reinsert the cartridges.
How do I clean my Brother printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Do one of the following: – If your Brother machine has the INK key on its control panel, press the INK key.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Cleaning.
- Press the OK key.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select BLACK, COLOR or ALL depending on what you want to clean.
- Press the OK key.
How do I fix printer lines?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why am I getting lines on my copies?
A very small amount of dust or a speck of grime can easily cause lines, streaks, or smudges on your copies or document scans. If you have an MFP (most likely known as, “the copier” in your office), print a blank page first. If there’s still a smudge, you may have an issue with the print assembly on the copier.
Why does my HP printer have black lines?
This problem also occurs due to your HP Printer ink cartridge is empty and it also not properly installed. Now you can open your printer’s upper lid and remove the ink cartridge. If the print with the black line still appears, then you have to need to replace the ink cartridge with a new one.