How do you fix a printer that is printing lines?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why does my HP printer print with lines?
Introduction. HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. Clean the ink cartridges with the ink cartridge cleaning utility in the HP Printer Toolbox.
What causes stripes in printing?
Dirty Printer Unbonded toner that finds its way into the interior of a laser printer can end up on its rollers or other moving parts and transfer onto your output as stripes, tracks or lines. Many roller marks form a distinctive “tire-mark” pattern along each sheet in the direction the paper moves through the printer.
Why does my HP scanner have lines?
HP has determined that 99% of all lines and streaks on copies made by feeding the original documents through the ADF are caused by debris on the ADF glass. Debris can include dust, paper or toner dust, residue from sticky note adhesive, correction fluid or tape, ink, fingerprints, and more.
Why is my HP printer not printing everything on the page?
Check the Printer Preferences Under Manage your Device, click on Printing Preferences. Click the Paper or Paper/Quality tab. In the Type or Paper Type field, make sure that Plain Paper is selected. Click the Print Quality filed and set it to Draft or Normal, or click on the Graphics tab and select Standard for Quality.
How do I stop print lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.
Why is my printer printing yellow stripes?
Black, cyan, magenta, or yellow vertical lines or streaks can be caused by a dirty corona wire, a toner cartridge, or the drum unit.