Why is my printer printing broken lines?
When a printer prints photos and words with visible white or faded lines, the cause is usually due to a clogged nozzle, a printer head that is not dispensing ink properly, or the type of software used.
How do I fix my printer when it prints lines?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
How do I stop printing lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.
Why is my HP printer printing pink lines?
Your printer may be printing pink as the other cartridges have run out. The ink cartridges in your inkjet or colour laser printer are split up into four colours. From time to time one colour may run out before another.
Why is my HP printer not printing everything on the page?
Check the Printer Preferences Under Manage your Device, click on Printing Preferences. Click the Paper or Paper/Quality tab. In the Type or Paper Type field, make sure that Plain Paper is selected. Click the Print Quality filed and set it to Draft or Normal, or click on the Graphics tab and select Standard for Quality.