- 1 How do you fix a white line on a Canon printer?
- 2 Why does my printer print white lines?
- 3 How do I fix white lines when printing?
- 4 Why is my printer printing blank lines?
- 5 How do I remove printer lines?
- 6 How do I clean the printhead on my Canon printer?
- 7 How do I fix vertical lines in my printer?
- 8 Why does my laser printer leaving streaks on the page?
How do you fix a white line on a Canon printer?
Streaked lines on paper can also be caused by the printer being out of alignment. To correct this, access the printer’s menu through the printer itself or via your PC and locate the “Calibrate Printer” option. Selecting this option will recalibrate the printer and help resolve and prevent streaking.
Why does my printer print white lines?
White lines will typically start appearing on your print outs due to a clogged up printer head. Your first port of call when solving this problem is to run the cleaning program on your printer, which should be accessible through its settings menu.
How do I fix white lines when printing?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why is my printer printing blank lines?
Clogged printhead nozzles or low ink levels are the most common cause for blank or light bands. Use the built-in cleaning cycle or manually clean the printhead. For vertical blank bands, check for paper or labels blocking the print in specific areas.
How do I remove printer lines?
Use your printer software to run a print head or nozzle cleaning. You can find the cleaning wizard under “Printer Servicing” or a similarly named option. Print a test sheet to see if you’ve resolved the issue. If not, run the cleaning tool again until the lines disappear from your printouts.
How do I clean the printhead on my Canon printer?
How to automatically clean a Canon printhead
- Make sure the printer is on and then touch the setup (gear icon) on the printer display home screen.
- Then select the maintenance (tools) icon.
- Select “Cleaning” and then select “Yes”
- The printer will go through the cleaning process for about a minute.
How do I fix vertical lines in my printer?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
Why does my laser printer leaving streaks on the page?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print. If the quality does not improve, check your printer’s user guide to see if there is a cartridge cleaning function built into the machine.