- 1 Why does my printer jam when printing double sided?
- 2 Why does my Brother printer keep jamming?
- 3 Why has my Brother printer stopped printing double sided?
- 4 How do I stop my Brother printer from jamming?
- 5 What to do if printer keeps jamming?
- 6 Why is my printer constantly jamming?
- 7 How do I stop my printer from jamming?
- 8 Why won’t my printer print both sides?
- 9 How long is Brother printer warranty?
- 10 How do you clear a paper jam on a Brother MFC 8440?
- 11 How do I fix the paper feed on my Brother printer?
Why does my printer jam when printing double sided?
If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur. Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.
Why does my Brother printer keep jamming?
You may be putting too much paper into the paper tray. It should never be overfilled as it can often cause a jam. If you only put the amount of paper you’re going to use for one printing task, you’re less likely to suffer a jam. Also, make sure the paper fits the tray and that it’s inserted correctly.
Why has my Brother printer stopped printing double sided?
If the Paper Adjustment Lever for 2-sided(Duplex) Printing is not correctly set for the paper size, paper jams may occur and the print will be out of position on the paper. Open the Properties dialog box in the printer driver.
How do I stop my Brother printer from jamming?
Follow these steps:
- Unplug your Brother machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Pull the paper tray (1) completely out of your Brother machine.
- Pull out the jammed paper (1).
- Lift the Jam Clear flap, and remove the jammed paper.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in your Brother machine.
What to do if printer keeps jamming?
Check inside the printer for any debris that might be causing paper jams.
- Turn off the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Remove any paper from the input tray.
- Open the rear access door, and then clean the paper feed rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with filtered water.
Why is my printer constantly jamming?
If your printer keeps jamming, you should know that the most common cause of a jam is misalignment of the paper. Paper needs to load in smoothly, completely flush with the tray. Overfilling the tray is a great way to ensure you will be spending some personal time getting to know the inside of a printer.
How do I stop my printer from jamming?
How to Fix a Paper Jam in a Printer
- Turn off and unplug the printer.
- Remove all printer paper from the tray and then reload it.
- Open the rear access door or duplexer (or any other doors that give you access to the paper’s path through the printer)
- Close the doors and plug in the printer.
Why won’t my printer print both sides?
If your printer has a duplex option installed, check the driver/software settings. Go to the Printers and Faxes folder on your computer. Right-click on the printer driver and then select Properties. Click on the Device Settings tab, then look under Installable Options and make sure the duplex unit is set to Available.
How long is Brother printer warranty?
The warranty period is 1 year from the original purchase date for the Machine, with 5 years from the original purchase date for the Machine’s Printed Circuit Boards, and 25 years from the original purchase date for the Machine’s Chassis Unit.
How do you clear a paper jam on a Brother MFC 8440?
Open the front cover.
- If you can not remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly easily, do not use extra force.
- Close the scanner cover.
- Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
- Pull the jammed paper out of the paper tray opening.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
How do I fix the paper feed on my Brother printer?
Follow the steps below to clean the paper feed rollers: Unplug your Brother machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket). The paper tray was not fully inserted.
- Remove the Paper tray (1) completely out of the machine.
- Reinstall the paper tray until it locks into place.
- Press OK.