Why is my HP printer printing streaks?
Introduction. HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. Clean the ink cartridges with the ink cartridge cleaning utility in the HP Printer Toolbox.
How do you fix streaks when printing?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. How can I fix my laser printer’s streaking issue?
- Remove the cartridge and rock it back and forth a few times over a trashcan to evenly redistribute the toner powder.
- Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print.
Why is my printer leaving black streaks?
This happens when the rollers or the transfer belt inside the printer get dirty or covered in excess toner powder and as the paper is moved through the printer, the ‘tracks’ are being left on the page. This is normally the case when the tracks on the page are located at either end.
Why does my HP scanner leave streaks?
HP has determined that 99% of all lines and streaks on copies made by feeding the original documents through the ADF are caused by debris on the ADF glass. Debris can include dust, paper or toner dust, residue from sticky note adhesive, correction fluid or tape, ink, fingerprints, and more.
How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
Here’s what the drum looks like:
- Step 1: Switch Off, Cool Down.
- Step 2: Removing and Cleaning the Toner Cartridge.
- Step 3: Remove Excess Toner from Internal Components.
- Step 4: Swab Surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Step 5: Reassemble.
How do I clean my HP m477?
Touchscreen control panel
- From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Setup button.
- Touch the Service menu.
- Touch the Cleaning Page button.
- Load plain letter or A4 paper when you are prompted.
- Touch the OK button to begin the cleaning process.
How do you deep clean a printer?
- Ensure that the printer is on.
- Open the printer properties dialog box.
- Start Print Head Deep Cleaning. (1) Click the Maintenance tab. (2) Click Deep Cleaning. (3) Select the ink group to be deeply cleaned.
- Print the nozzle check pattern to check the Print Head condition. See “Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern”.
How do I stop printing lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.