- 1 Why is my printer connected but not printing?
- 2 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 3 How do I fix HP printer not printing?
- 4 How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
- 5 Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
- 6 How do you reset printer queue?
- 7 How do you reboot a printer?
- 8 How do I reset my wireless printer?
- 9 How do I reset my HP printer error message?
- 10 Is there a reset button on HP printers?
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
SOLUTION 1: Check HP Printer Status 1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
How do I fix HP printer not printing?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
When the printer status is “Offline,” it indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This issue can occur for various reasons, such as the following: The printer is turned off. The network cable or USB cable is disconnected.
How do you reset printer queue?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
How do you reboot a printer?
It’s a pretty simple process:
- With the printer turned on, pull out the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the printer back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Run a test print.
How do I reset my wireless printer?
Firstly, turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and unplug it from the wall outlet. Secondly, Remove the USB cables. Press the printer power button and hold it for about 30 seconds. Now, Plug the power cable into the wall outlet and then plug in again the power cord to the printer.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE. Press (Down Arrow) button until control panel displays COLD RESET. Press (Select). The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.