- 1 Why is my printer running but not printing?
- 2 What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
- 3 Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 4 Is there a reset button on HP printers?
- 5 Why is my wireless printer connected but not printing?
- 6 How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
- 7 Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
- 8 What do I do when my printer is printing blank pages?
- 9 How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
- 10 How do I reset my HP printer error message?
- 11 How do I troubleshoot my HP printer?
Why is my printer running but not printing?
My printer won’t print Make sure there is paper in the tray (s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead.
What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer is present. Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them. Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device. Restart your computer.
Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary. Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE. Press (Down Arrow) button until control panel displays COLD RESET. Press (Select). The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.
Why is my wireless printer connected but not printing?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly.
How do you troubleshoot a printer problem?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
When the printer status is “Offline,” it indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This issue can occur for various reasons, such as the following: The printer is turned off. The network cable or USB cable is disconnected.
What do I do when my printer is printing blank pages?
What to do if your Printer is Printing Blank Pages?
- Fix # 1 – Restart your Printer.
- Fix # 2 – Resolve Ink / Toner Cartridges Problems.
- Fix # 3 – Unclog the Print head (Automatic Cleaning)
- Fix # 4 – Unclog the Print Head (Manual Cleaning)
How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
HP printheads clog periodically as small amounts of ink or dust dry up and collect in the nozzle. Faint, streaky or spotty prints are all common signs of a clog but a simple cleaning can usually get your HP ink cartridges working again. Printheads clog due to infrequent cartridge use.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
How do I troubleshoot my HP printer?
Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.