- 1 Why are there white lines on my printed photos?
- 2 How do I fix white lines when printing?
- 3 Why does my printer have horizontal lines running through picture?
- 4 Why is my printer printing with streaks?
- 5 How do I stop printing lines?
- 6 How do I fix vertical lines in my printer?
- 7 How do I fix the lines on my Canon printer?
- 8 How do I fix horizontal lines on my HP printer?
- 9 Why is my HP printer printing with lines?
- 10 How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
Why are there white lines on my printed photos?
White lines will typically start appearing on your print outs due to a clogged up printer head. Your first port of call when solving this problem is to run the cleaning program on your printer, which should be accessible through its settings menu.
How do I fix white lines when printing?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Why does my printer have horizontal lines running through picture?
Horizontal lines across prints are most commonly experienced with inkjet printers and are usually down to a partially blocked printhead. Inkjet printers from many different manufacturers are prone to this including machines by Brother, Canon, Epson, Dell, Hewlett Packard (HP), Kodak, Lexmark and many more.
Why is my printer printing with streaks?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Remove the cartridge and rock it back and forth a few times over a trashcan to evenly redistribute the toner powder. Some toner powder may emit from the cartridge as you do this. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print.
How do I stop printing lines?
Advanced Causes and Fixes
- DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.
- DON’T use tap water to clean the print head.
- DO use distilled water to clean the print head.
- DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles.
How do I fix vertical lines in my printer?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
How do I fix the lines on my Canon printer?
Streaked lines on paper can also be caused by the printer being out of alignment. To correct this, access the printer’s menu through the printer itself or via your PC and locate the “Calibrate Printer” option. Selecting this option will recalibrate the printer and help resolve and prevent streaking.
How do I fix horizontal lines on my HP printer?
HP Deskjet D2500 Printer Series – Horizontal Streaks or Lines in the Printed Image
- Step one: Wait 30 minutes.
- Step two: Check ink levels and replace low or empty ink cartridges.
- Step three: Check the print settings.
- Step four: Run the automatic utility to clean the ink cartridges.
- Step five: Print a diagnostic page.
Why is my HP printer printing with lines?
Introduction. HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. Clean the ink cartridges with the ink cartridge cleaning utility in the HP Printer Toolbox.
How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
Here’s what the drum looks like:
- Step 1: Switch Off, Cool Down.
- Step 2: Removing and Cleaning the Toner Cartridge.
- Step 3: Remove Excess Toner from Internal Components.
- Step 4: Swab Surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Step 5: Reassemble.